I am so thankful that we moved to Bristol. Everyone has been so kind to us. EVERYONE. And I have talked to hundreds of people over the last few days. A councilwoman actually brought Thunder's picture to the town council meeting and showed everyone including the chief of police. I walked through the center of town for three hours today and seven of the people I met already knew about Thunder.
And we had four potential leads today. One Mr. went to right away but sadly it was not Thunder. Another did not pan out. But one sounds promising and and one I can not afford not to check out. I am trying to meet all the cat feeders.
The nicest thing is that the first lead we got was because a child actually brought home a flier of Thunder from school. Mr. said the family was so nice. It is so wonderful to think that the entire town is looking for him. I think I feel hope for the first time in days.
Yesterday Mr. and I sat down for an hour. I got home from my 12 hours of searching and looked at my filthy house, and my lonely cats. On the one hand-I feel like how can I eat when Thunder has not been fed and how can I rest when he is wandering?
But I cannot neglect our other cats, not to mention we are still living like squatters. Nothing has been done to the house since Saturday morning. Mr. told me I have to stop constantly searching so that I can do focused searching and I have to eat and rest so I am at my best so I can try my hardest. He is right. It is hard but I forced myself to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner today. He is concerned because I lost five pounds since Saturday. He said if I spend an hour a day unpacking and sorting that still leaves me many hours a day to search.
He said he wants to drop everything and just search too but we have to focus on work so Thunder has a home to come back to and we cannot neglect our cats and our health.
It is CD 32 so AF should be here sometime this week. Tomorrow I go to a secret cat meeting place where they are fed- and I am returning two calls Mr. said it was too late to return tonight. Then I think I am going to go to more vets. I think I may have told enough people in town. I think? I am too pooped to plan effectively.
Oh- I talked to a man in charge of community relations at Comcast. I said it was outrageous that no one had even called us to apologize. So I gave him the information and he said he was going to research it and get back to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment