Sunday, December 18, 2011

29 weeks

It's getting harder. This weekend I was pretty useless since we did so much shopping this past week and my foot hurt so much when I put any weight on it.  My ankles are pretty swollen.  Right now he is doing his finals( he went back to school about two years ago) and I am sitting in a very messy house.  But here I sit. Because I have to spare my feet for the coming week.  Hopefully this pain will go away like the sciatica and the random inner thigh pain did. 

My neighbor is coming over for a few hours tomorrow to watch Peter while I put my feet up.  We went to two holiday parties this weekend and spent about nine hours total in the car.  UGH.  But it was nice to see our family.  EXCEPT  YOU, MIL.  My mother in law made me into my own worst nightmare.  Probably none of you remember my worst infertility holiday but I will never forget it.  Anyhow, when we got to the family brunch we were shocked to see both MIL and FIL there.    Peter was very clingy and needed me to hold him.  So I was holding Peter and MIL stood up next to me to introduce me and Peter and then that cow rubbed my stomach and said "AND THIS IS NUMBER TWO"  She has no idea how lucky she was that I was A. shocked and B. holding our son.  Because THE URGE TO KILL WAS INSTANT. 

I cannot believe she did that.  NO ONE WANTS TO GREET MY STOMACH, YOU CRAZY BITCH.  I cannot believe she rubbed me.  NO RUBBING.  I hate it.  I hate it so much.  If you did not help put the baby IN and you are not helping take the baby OUT, then DO NOT RUB ME.  Especially do not do it when I do not like you to begin with.  I cannot believe that heifer made me INTO my own worst infertility nightmare. 

When I say that I am never going to let this go, I AM NEVER GOING TO LET THIS GO.  I am so, so,SO happy that we are not telling her when we go in to have the baby. 

I failed my one hour glucose test, so we are going in on Friday to take the three hour.  No big shock there.  At least Mr. already had that day off so he can drive me and watch Peter.    I am pretty resigned to having GD, and not scared about it or upset.  It's not that terrible once you get used to it.  Or at least it was not last time.  As long as my blood pressure stays low, I will be happy.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

So is there any actual value to you taking the 3 hour, or is it just the Dr. punishing you because he has to get his kicks in somewhere? At least Mr. is helping by watching Peter.

Hey does anyone ever call Peter, Pete? Does it drive you nuts. People have started calling Michael, Mike and I do not like it. I'd be ok with Mikey, strangely enough, but not Mike.

And your MIL? I would have flipped too!! Lady, keep you F-ING hands to yourself! Rubbing, ewww, gross. I barely ever even rubbed my own belly.

AnotherDreamer said...

Your MIL... ick. She deserved a hand slap.

Sorry for failing the 1 hour :( But it's good you know what to expect in case... just the same, I hope you didn't have to deal with it again.

Anonymous said...

there is value in the 3 hour test, i failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour... and we already spoke about the mil, ew.

Celia said...

I feel like the one hour was a bigger waste of time but they said I had to take it. I really REALLY hate that stupid test and I really REALLY hate that I have to take it on December 23 so I am all jacked up on our last big Get Ready Day. I am trying to be thankful that Mr. is already off and that he can drive me since I really was not in any condition to drive afterward last time.

Celia said...

Occasionally someone will call him Pete and I tell them PETER. I don't mind Petey, but Mr. and I only call him Peter. Except when he is being really naughty and then I accidentally call him THUNDER. HAHAHAHAHAA

Anonymous said...

Argh, so sorry about the MIL. :( It's so good you guys are going to keep the birth private so you can enjoy the time afterwards with your little one instead of grinding your teeth at MIL.

At least you're not letting the GD get you down. Having been through it before you'll know how to keep it under control. Keep putting those feet up whenever you can!

Geohde said...

Belly rubbing is on my Do It And Die list. Especially post partum :)

g