When I was at the shelter I saw an entire WALL of pictures of lost cats. And I visited the found cats that are waiting there. They were so pitiful and all I could think was that my baby was lost or cold or hungry. The world is so large. My baby is so small. I am so small. How can I think I will find him in this big world? I am very close to hopeless.
Sometimes when I think about what the animal officer said about cats usually staying within a block and a half of their home- I feel like we can find him. But then I think about the vet that said "not necessarily" or I think about the highway or I think about the square mile the internet said he might wander. How can I reach all those people? I hate it. My poor baby. It is chilly tonight. Thunder likes to sleep under my blanket, next to me with his head on my pillow. Mr. says there is nothing we can do but bait the trap till it is light again.
As tired as I am I feel like as long as I am breathing I should keep looking. The neighbors must be so sick of hearing me call "Thunder come to Mommy." Oh Thunder, come to Mommy.
Mr. told me that he wanted to say it would all be alright but that he just did not believe it.
5 comments:
Did you leave fliers in all the neighbors doors? That's how we got our one cat back-I slipped a flier in every door and a woman had found him and was caring for him.
We have hit businesses and telephone polls and schools and some houses. I started door to door today. It is hard because Mr. does not want me knocking on strange doors without him but that only leaves us an hour of daylight. So I knocked on friendly looking doors. If the house was well kept and had a wreath- I knocked. If the door was open- I knocked. I think the telephone fliers should have the same effect, because very few homes have off street parking.
Definitely make sure your neighbors know about Thunder. Our cat that never came home, we suspected that someone might have taken him in cause he was such a friendly cat, so definitely make sure that neighbors know.
It's not hopeless, but it is sad and scary.
Oh, hun. I was so hoping he's be back by now :( I've lost a kitty like that before... It's been three years, and I still turn and take a second look at his dopplegangers, hoping... always hoping.
I hope, oh how I hope, he comes back. I am thinking of you. I... I just want him to come back to you so badly.
I can imagine how hopeless you feel, hon. I'm sending you lots of hugs and good vibes!
Post a Comment