Another all nighter, with our split personality baby. Like a switch he would go from happy to INSANELY LOUD WAILING. We did the same thing as the night before but to no avail. Can we get some damn avail? He would begin to fall asleep and then get hit with pain and scream. We thought it was because he was too full. He would not stop nursing and went for about two hours on and off. I kept thinking "he must be done" but then he would want more.
Maybe it is my fault? But he kept acting ravenous. I bicycled his legs times, and then Mister had a go at it. Then he dropped off( maybe 2 30 a.m.), I put him in his bassinet and after five minutes he was up and wailing at full throttle. I heaved myself out of bed ( after three hours of heaving my c-section feels like someone is hacking it open again but what the hell am I supposed to do?) and took him to change his diaper. I saw that his umbilical stump was hanging on by a thread. I called Mister and he cleaned it. Then we took him out of his onesie and put him in a t-shirt with a soft, loose blanket. We gave up and went downstairs to the couch. He finally fell asleep at around 3 30/4 a.m. and stayed down till 8 30 a.m. I held him for an hour and then got up the nerve to put him down.
Mister stayed in the living room with him and I went to the back bedroom.
I really, really can't wait for this damn c-section to finish healing. I am much better than I was but it really catches up with me around 3 a.m. Too much up and down and sitting up to nurse and rocking and bouncing.
6 comments:
well... i know you were on the fence about getting a swing, i don't know if you ended up getting one or not but based on this story i'm guessing not. i understand why you're worried about it, but i would seriously think about getting one. louise had REALLY bad gas (still does but it's slowly getting better) and if she was lying in her basinett sleeping it would wake her up, but if she was in her swing, it would sometimes wake her up briefly but the swaying would put her back to sleep. also, if it turns out that he does have reflux being slightly upright (like in a swing or bouncer) might help. good luck mama, i know how exhausting it is!
p.s. if you're still not hot on the swing here's another thing you could try that might help...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2958429
I will look. Mister and I are debating the swing but our cats have NEVER grasped the fact that feet are attached to people. We are really hesitant in case they think his feet are some new toy.
We have tried swaddling and all the happiest baby on the block stuff for over a week. Mixed results.
get a spray bottle, if they go after his feet, squirt them, they will learn. you need to get some sleep so you can take care of sea monkey and heal from surgery. i tried all that happiest baby on the block stuff too before we knew that louise had reflux, it didn't help much and those gas drops didn't do anything.
Does he know the difference between daytime and nighttime? I dunno, to me it seems like he's confusing the two. I'm sure you've been trying putting him into some kind of routine to help establish both. I don't know. I'm making random stabs in the dark here. Just play the Imperial March every night before bedtime - if the Dark Lord doesn't work, nothing will.
I love you.
I have the Fischer Price little lamb swing and M's feet don't hang off of it.
Is there any chance he's actually still hungry. M would nurse around the clock at that age. You'd think that a baby can't possible nurse for 8 hours straight, right? Well prepare to be amazed at the amazing bottomless pit.
I guess the important thing to remember is that every day is different. You'll catch a good one eventually. Things didn't really get better around here until 5 weeks.
Post a Comment