We went in to the obs today because Mister thought my incision looked a little infected. But nope, just normal incision-y stuff. I have no clue because I refuse to look. My body looks like a fallen souffle.
But fallen souffle or not... I was weighed and am only three pounds away from Pre-Petey weight! Mister thinks I have at least another five pounds of water weight to go. I am so excited to be just three pounds off! That should be gone by next week and then maybe I will know what I am actually working with.
I decided I want to lose another thirty pounds. Which I think is doable, what with breastfeeding and my ( hopefully soon) return to Met. Oh Met, come to Fat Mama. I really want the swelling in my feet to go away, it feels creepy when I walk.
The diaper switch has fixed out golden shower problem. Thank goodness. Because it was insane how much laundry was getting generated.
The wee man and I fell asleep in bed again last night. I am not happy about it, but was really too tired to realize I was falling asleep. On the plus side, I am too tired to move in bed and too sore so both of us wake up in the same position. I have been getting between two and five hours of sleep a night.
6 comments:
why aren't you happy about the two of you falling to sleep together? i think it's 100% natural and possibly even the right thing to do when your little guy is so new, it's good for him to be nice and close to his mama, it will make him feel safe and secure.
We slept together for the first week or so... it was that or no sleep at all for me. And it was really interesting because he would get hungry and instead of crying he would wiggle across the bed and try to latch to my stomach (or whatever he could get). I thought it was interesting. But I did feel better once we got on the crib routine, but I still like to cuddle with him and nap a bit in the morning in our chair. He won't be little for very long, so savoring this time is so important.
I was hoping the breastfeeding would help me loose weight, but I think it has the opposite effect because the kid ate ALL THE TIME so I literally spent the first 6 weeks doing nothing but sitting on the couch feeding him and myself. Now that it's nicer out and he is bigger and eating less (but digesting better) I'm hopeful that it will help, but I haven't reaped the benefits myself yet.
I don't like it because I worry he could get smothered in bed. I will say he sleeps much better and feeding him is way easier.
Glad the diaper change fixed the issue. Glad you are healing well, and yay for the 3lbs lost :) Little things.
I know many women do sleep with their babies, but I would also be terrified of a rolling baby or accidental smothering during sleep. But I also move a lot in my sleep, like a ridiculous amount.
oh i see what you're saying, i think you should do whatever feels best to you :) i am a ridiculously light sleeper so that isn't something i worry too much about, louise has only slept in our bed once or twice, she always sleeps in our room but in her crib or her swing. did you end up getting a swing?
Have you thought of getting a co-sleeper so he can be right by you but not in your bed if you're worried about that?
Good for losing all that weight - the souffle analogy was very visual! I think you're amazing for setting a weight loss goal, like a week into having a baby?!
Glad no infection. Keep up the good work mama!!!
Post a Comment