I am great. My scar looks good, my blood pressure is good, my weight is great. I can exercise now. And I WANT to exercise because my stomach looks like it fell down. Not that my body was ever my best quality, but now it is best seen in the dark. As in, NOT SEEN AT ALL. I went upstairs to have some alone time with the mirror and tried on my lingerie. Well, my butt is much smaller and so is my waist. But THE BOOBS ARE LOW. LOW LOW LOW. Depressingly low.
Anyhow, my ob asked what we were going to do about birth control and I laughed. I can't help laughing. I could bathe in sperm and not get pregnant. She told me I was not to have a baby for another year and a half. I told her there was NO WAY I was waiting a year and a half. She gave me this shocked look, like where had her compliant patient gone? But clarified that I could not give birth for a year and a half, I could start trying when Peter was 9 months to a year.
Apparently it is bad to get pregnant too soon after a c-section because the scar tissue can open up. I told her I just could not take birth control seriously. She told me about a patient she had that got pregnant a few months after her c-section and when my ob opened her up. there was just webbing of the uterine tissue under the skin. Sooo Mister is now insisting on birth control. Because the ob was all "you and the baby could die", but I think the odds of that are pretty small.
Birth control? Come on now. SRSLY? FINE. Fine, I will go along with Dr. Forbidding and Scared Mister. But I refuse to think of it as any more than indulging them both.
The ob did say that she does not think I will have the same problems if we do have another. Which was nice to hear, if hard to believe. But I don't have to go back there for months till it is time for my annual.
Peter is still snuffy, and pitiful. I was so tired last night I was swaying on my feet and thought I might pass out. He was sooo tired but just too congested to sleep. So I would give him saline, take him into the bathroom and crank the shower, he would get comfortable enough to fall asleep and then the steam would get to me and we would have to leave. Then he would feel ok for a little bit and then back to snuffling and gurgling. I can't decide if this is better or worse than the screaming we had before.
My Dad and stepmom came down yesterday, and it was great. Peter slept on his grandma for hours and I got to fold laundry and FINALLY vacuum the stairs. If I sound like a loon talking about cleaning the stairs all the time, it's because our cats like to sleep on the stairs and they get coated in cat hair. Ick. Five cats= constant cleaning.
You know people have suggested to me that we might get rid of our cats now, and it makes me furious. They are part of our family and I am not going to toss them aside like they were a coping mechanism till I had my real baby. Fuck you people, they are my babies and THEY STAY. A pet is not something you toss away like a pair of pants.
8 comments:
Funny how different OBs can give different answers....My daughter had a c-section....she wants her babies close together and he told her to wait until she had 2 normal periods and then she can try again......your doctor's comments concern me....YIKES
THANK YOU! Pets are family too!
It may be funny to have them suggest you need to be on the pill, but stranger things have happened... your body might decide to be uncooperative in the opposite direction this time ;)
Our dog and cat sleep in the bed..Our 2 pets are spoiled rotten...i have no idea how they will like have 2 babies around..if anyone ever said get rid of them i would have to punch them...HOWEVER we are also in the process of adoptiong 2 children from foster care and i have had people ask if i was changing my mind about adopting..UMMM no...just because i get biological children doesnt mean i changed my mind...the are just as much my family as my babies...
ALso i am going to ask my dr about tryuing for another child after a csection because we want to try again soon.
Your doctors comments seem odd, I've never heard of a doctor telling someone they had to wait that long after a c-section... but then again, I don't usually talk about birth with women, lol.
I hear you about the pets- people can be stupid. I get you about the stairs, we don't have any carpets in the house (way too much work with all these animals, yikes) so our stairs aren't that bad to clean, but it's still a pain because I have to sweep them every day or every other day at least.
I had a c-section with my first son and a vaginal birth with the second. There is no more risk of uterine tearing along the scar than there would be if there was no scar. The scar tissue doesn't expand, but the rest of the uterus does easily.
It's still considered a high risk delivery and they do prepare for the c-section just in case, but it is possible to do it vaginally.
As for birth control, it can take a while for the pill to leave your system completely, why not just use condoms or a diaphragm? Just a thought :)
Peter sounds adorable :)
Oh, man, what jerks would suggest you all get rid of your pets?! Yes, animals don't just get tossed.
I know you don't think you can get pregnant easily, but I'd still be careful until you are ready. Don't cut your time to enjoy Peter without the pregnancy symptoms getting in the way short.
just wanted to let you know the new blog site.
madlittlecupcake.blogspot.com
As a mama to 8 kitties, I would be equally insulted by anyone who DARED to suggest they relocate.
But I am supprised you still have carpet on the stairs! We lost the carpet battle 3 years ago.
Beth
Post a Comment