Thursday, March 11, 2010

Almost ready

We only have a tiny bit left to do. Hang some pictures and move a file cabinet and a stool out of the nursery. What we really have to do this weekend is clean our bedroom. Yow. The baseboard is really dusty. Mister wants to empty more stuff out of his office and get it as empty as possible for the coming construction. sigh. But at least the check should be here soon and once it's deposited we can get started.


I think I have FINALLY straightened out my money stuff with Borders and Aetna. Have I mentioned how much Aetna sucks balls and how glad I am that they are only handling my disability? They said they never received my updated info( right) and they closed my claim. So I had my doctor refax paperwork and then they had to re-certify me. So I am getting my back pay and regular pay this Friday. Thank goodness. YAY money! We are fine without it, but more is obviously better than less. My last check two weeks ago was for an insanely low 228, because of them closing my claim. So this check should be much friendlier.

Things have been going well in budget land, which is nice. I am very interested to see what my first unemployment check is for.

The office is a mess with stuff everywhere, and so is Mom's room. It's filled with cardboard and packing material and stuff we moved out of the office that we didn't want to bring to the basement. That is making me crazy. Every time we get Mom's room cleared out it gets filled up again.

We are on the hunt for a shelf we can put over the changing table. I want a lip on it so nothing can accidentally fall on the baby. I think we are going to have to look online.

Other than that, I had an awesome visit today from Andrea. Tomorrow my Dad and Step mom are coming with Meals on Wheels and Saturday I think my sister is coming. That is nice.

Mister is busy busy busy all day every day. This weekend I think I will have him make a big pulled pork to freeze, and a double chicken Parmesan to freeze. Right now in the freezer we have cheeseburger meatloaf, meat sauce, a lasagna, and some white chicken chili. I would like to get two more kinds of meals in there for after the baby.

I am really hoping Tuesday brings some kind of decision from my ob. Because there is no room at the inn.

I am editing this to say that Borders has screwed up my pay AGAIN. And I got paid 236 dollars for the last 3 weeks or so. Are they serious? How many phone calls will it take? I cannot even call them anymore. I am making Mister call on Tuesday. 60% of my pay for three weeks is NOT 236 dollars. So it has been six weeks since I got a correct check and have gotten screw ones for the last four. What if we really needed that money? What if we weren't prepared??

4 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

Holy cow...you are due in less than a week!!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Lorraine said...

I am nowhere near ready but since we're moving I don't really care...

I have found some good ledges, though. This one seems great http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/product/detail.do?productGroup=19601&catalog=room&category=rm_accessories&subcategory=acc_frame_ledge

Also, the ribba at ikea is basically the same thing and cheap cheap cheap. They are both very shallow, though. For us, it's perfect, but maybe you wanted more of a full sized shelf?

Anyway, I hope that you get some good news Tuesday and the little SM will be home soon...

Cajun Cutie said...

I am sending the best of Luck you way!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm... no post for two days, has sea monkey made his appearance???