As anyone within whining distance of me knows, I have gestational diabetes. I am also a former pastry chef. I am also on bed rest. So with nothing but time ( and more time and then some more time) on my hands I have been a little... food focused. I have read though all the cookbooks in my house, planned the menu for our Welcome Baby party, watched 100's of hours of The Travel Channel and the Food Network, and umm ok fine QVC. Because they have goodies on there too.
I have been thinking and thinking and thinking about what I will eat when I can finally eat what I want. Because it has been over five weeks since I have had chocolate. Or ice cream, or many of the things that I LOVE. The sad but true fact that is that I am pretty likely to get regular diabetes at some point in the future if I don't keep a tight hold of my diet. I hate that. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I recycle, I bring my own bags to the grocery store. WTF Universe? Let me have some damn candy. So I decided I would have to discriminate and only have one treat a day. Which is not how I roll people. It is not unheard of for me to have chocolate before breakfast. Or in fact, for breakfast.
Anyhow, I began to scour the internets searching for a high quality diabetic friendly candy. Umm, not easy. So then I was fooling around looking at Juniors Cheesecake, Cinderella Cheesecake( this cheesecake is local and used for fund raising and is delicious), looking at Marks and Spencer and all manner of different online stores featuring my forbidden passion, Taylor Lautner. Kidding( kind of).
But I found a blog. The best blog in the world. A blog by someone more obsessed with sweets than I am. Although I believe I would say my feelings toward ice cream are comparable to hers about candy. A blog with beautiful pictures and well thought out descriptions.
I love her blog. I love that she tries high end, low end and everything in between. I love how she analyzes everything including the packaging. I added it to my blogroll, you should go over there and check it out.
I read the entire thing, all the way back to April 2005.
5 comments:
this place has pretty decent sugar free candy, i've had some of it actually, i mean it's still sugar free but it's pretty good (don't get distracted by the non-sugar free candy!)...
https://rockymountainchocolatefactory.com/rmcf/control/portalHome
oh crapola, they have way more in the stores than they do online, thee are three in pa but i don't know if any of them are close enough to you, grove city, pottstown and tannersville.
Yep, private blogging has a lot of advantages. I've been thinking of having a public one, too - more of something for my family to read to keep up with things. BUT, too many of my family are super-high-tech people and can probably link the two with IP addresses or vimeo or something...
Meanwhile, I will just sympathize with the whole plaster-wall thing. We had a window frame that leaked into our 1941 walls and made our walls look like curdled milk. Between that and the butt-crack in the nursery your walls are going through a lot...
Oh my. That blog looks truly amazing.
If you send me your mailing address. I would love to send you some sugar free chocolates from an awesome store in downtown Nashville called "The Peanut Shop". I am a dark chocolate freak I have some everyday and can't imagine going without it.
Post a Comment