Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ironically

Daddy told me yesterday that one of my emails was really funny and asked my permission to forward it to some of his friends. I said ok as long as they SWORE never to bring it up to Mister. It was the email I sent off when the nursery had a big ass crack in the wall from Mister installing the chair rail.

Then he told me I should start a blog. I didn't say anything because I like my blog private. I am pretty sure my Daddy does NOT want to read about how infertility wrecked my sex life. Or in fact, how pregnancy has wrecked my sex life. Or in fact that when all is said and done, what with the placenta previa I had in the first few months, and the constipation I have had since July, and then the bed rest- well he surely would not want to know that it is likely Mister and I will only have had sex maybe 10 times in a year, since we are not supposed to do it once Sea Monkey gets here. So marital relations will probably not resume till I suppose some time in May?

I do RECALL having a healthy interest in sex, but I recall it the way you recall an old telephone number. It's been so long since I was even interested, I can't even remember. I remember the last time we tried. And gave up. I know some people can do it, but I feel like the baby is I don't know watching or something.

Anyhow this is exactly the kind of thing I could not talk about if my family knew about this blog. Because Mister is really private and WOULD DIE AND THEN KILL ME. OR KILL ME AND THEN DIE FROM MORTIFICATION. One of those.

The only other things going on today is that we have a gabillion inches of snow, and our roof is leaking. And we have plaster walls. Have you ever seen a plaster wall that has been leaked on for hours? It's not pretty. So Mister called our home warranty company and they don't have any roofers around here, so we have to find one. We called one, but he was not in his office. Duh. Cause it is a damn blizzard. And we are only covered for 500 dollars in roof repair. Mister does not think it will cost us too much since our roof is small. We live in a row home, and the leak is only in one spot. Thank goodness our emergency fund is nice and full. I am not sure if our homeowners insurance will cover any of it. We have to see. What a mess.

Relating to keeping this blog private, do you think it would be super paranoid of me to pull the pictures of our cats down? Anyone who knows us knows our cats.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the odds of someone you know in real life stumbling across your blog are about one in a billion... i think the odds of someone you know in real life stumbling across your blog and recognizing one of your cats are about one in a never gonna happen.

tireegal68 said...

I know what you mean about the old sex life, sister! Does your husband know you have a blog? Could he find it? My DP and some of my family know so I try to be circumspect! Hope your roof gets fixed soon and doesn't cost too much!

AnotherDreamer said...

I doubt anyone would find you through the cats, lol. How many people search infertility blogs or your cats names? But, if you feel worried then you should do it so you don't keep going in circles over it (if you're anything like me)

Gawd, that would suck if some of the people in real life found mine... I mean, some of them know about it, but that is a very small circle.

(*shudders*)

Hope the roof gets fixed soon and doesn't cost too much.

areyoukiddingme said...

You never know what people are going to find, but worrying about it serves no purpose.

But doesn't it freak you out a little when your parents' generation knows about those new-fangled blog things?

Good luck with your roof - hope it gets fixed soon!