For cripes sake. We are supposed to get 16 inches. And the roads are still clogged from the snow we got over the weekend.
Dear Sea Monkey,
Don't you DARE do anything crazy till the roads are clear. Or I will be A VERY MAD MOMMY.
love,
Mommy
My TMJ is getting better, in that I don't want to cry all the time. But my jaw still feels weird. My Dad and Stepmom just left a few minutes ago. They came down to visit me and bring Meals On Wheels. Because of the TMJ they brought asparagus soup, french onion soup, chili, and pulled pork. Have I said how lucky we are to have them?
I did too much this morning and my back hurts. Mister has just been so busy, and even though the house was pretty clean, it wasn't clean enough. So I cleaned. Too much. I was lucky and my blood pressure didn't get any higher than 133/86 but I know I should not have done so much. I just had to. At least it is nice and clean for the snowstorm.
Mister thinks I am crazy but whenever there is a possibility we could lose power I have to clean the house. I suppose because sitting in a dirty house with no way to clean it would make me nuts. I used to live in a condo that lost power on an almost monthly basis. It was near a bad intersection, and if a car hit the pole we all lost power. It got so I hardly ever bought frozen food and kept a huge supply of candles.
I gained another pound or two, so I have gained I think 16 pounds so far. Which is not terrible.
I had this totally horrible thought yesterday. If the TMJ is acting up during labor I don't know what I'll do. It already makes me want to cry, I can't imagine labor improving it. Seriously, I have had some painful things, bad cuts, really bad burns, bad falls, and bursitis. TMJ is worse.
6 comments:
wow, sorry the tmj is sucking so bad for you, i have had it since i was a kid but i am lucky enough to not have all the pain sometimes associated with it. my husband has been very busy too ripping up carpet, scrapping popcorn cielings, showing me paint chips, etc.
Sorry about the awful snow and TMJ :( (*hugs*) I am sick of the snow. We didn't get as much as you, but we have a good two feet now. And more snow to come tomorrow... GAH. Hope Sea Monkey behaves.
And thanks for the comments on my blog, you always give me a laugh :) Especially when I need it most.
Do you have a mouthguard? Get one from CVS! I wore an appliance (a fancy, expensive, orthodontist-prescribed mouthguard) and although I haaaaated it, it really really helped. My headaches went away in a matter of weeks. No lie.
Your sea monkey is looking awfully cute. I hope he also behaves.
I hope Sea Monkey stays put until the roads are all clear.
As far as the TMJ? I will second the mouth gard thing. Although I'd go for the cheap version rather than the custom made $1500 version that breaks within a couple of months.
Really, really focus on keeping your jaw loose. And try the mouthguard for night.
I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and probably the most important thing in it is sphincter's law. So the last couple weeks I just focused on keeping myself loose, especially in the mouth. And every time I had a contraction I kept myself loose and didn't tighten up and had pretty much painless dilation (which is why I didn't really know that I was in labor like I was and about got to the hospital too late... in the snow too). Getting your jaw to loosen takes practice and is hard when it's been hurting, but it will help with the TMJ and labor.
Post a Comment