Somehow. Last night my left leg was so swollen. Yow. Then I was up at 5 30 this morning with a headache till I don't know 7? I wanted to call my ob, but didn't want to be "that patient". But then, a stroke did not sound appealing either.
I had just about calmed down and was on the phone with AYM when I looked at the laundry hamper and it was blurry. Just the laundry hamper. It was weird.
So I called the doctor and they said come in. I called poor Mister at work and he came to get me. My blood pressure was higher, but not terrible. Umm 134/80-something. Sea Monkey sounded fine so they told me to go home and stay off my feet and come back Tuesday.
I spent the day watching more Harry Potter movies and having Mister wait on me.
I really, REALLY want to be done with being pregnant. Not so much because I am uncomfortable( although I am) but because I am so close. He is baked. Let's stop fooling around. I am pretty freaked out that something will go wrong that could have been avoided if we just got him out now.
The good thing about today was that we realized there were some crucial things missing from our hospital bag. Like... the pediatrician's phone number, and the charger for Mister's Nintendo whatever thing. Not that I think I will be in active labor and Mister will be playing video games but I know we are looking at a lot of potential wait time. He might as well have something to do.
I had fine company all day, what with the almost constant headache. Sitting up, laying down- no difference. It's finally gone.
Tomorrow we are ( well Mister is) going to finish up odds and ends. Like MORE LAUNDRY. And picking up the changing pad and some sheets. We decided to wait on buying more diapers and stuff since it's not like we are on an island or something and I have no idea how fast Sea Monkey will grow.
I was thinking that since Sea Monkey is not supposed to have a bottle for a month, that we would wait till we actually needed it to rent the breast pump. Since it's like 80 dollars a month.
They took a peek and my cervix is still on lockdown. No nothing.
Someone asked my favorite authors. My all time favorite is Rex Stout. Absolutely re-readable. I have been reading him for over twenty years. Make sure you only read the Nero Wolfe mysteries, the others are not as good. I also like Steven Brust- I have been reading him over twenty years as well. He is the only sci fi author I like. I also really like Jan Karon, Charlaine Harris ( please don't judge her books by that wretched soft core HBO series), Rick Riordan, Brandon Mull, Jennifer Allison, Louisa May Alcott, and Betty MacDonald. Those are the authors I read again and again. Do I need to say I love JK Rowling? Who doesn't? I really like Kim Harrison too, it's very hard to find good horror. There is so much shitty horror out there. Or porny horror. Ick.
I read a lot of different things, after being in a bookstore for so long. I like Stanley Bing's management books, and Jeffrey Steingarten, Ruth Reichl, and James Beard for cooking. I read a lot of biographies and I also like economy books. Asking a bookseller their favorite book is a little like asking an artist their favorite color. It depends. Depends on my mood, the season, the weather, and who I'm talking to. For example, I LOVED Jenna Jameson's book How To Make Love Like A Porn Star- but people are pretty closed minded about porn so I don't get to suggest that one too much. It's a great book, I am very impressed by her.
I have a huge pile of one-offs I loved. Like... The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio, or In The Land Of Invisible Women, or Cycler. Cycler is an AWESOME book about a girl who turns into a boy once a month.
I also have a HUGE list of hates. I HATE every book Oprah has ever suggested. I can say with complete confidence that I will ALWAYS hate every book she likes. Bleak, depressing, psycho-babble. If you DO like Oprah's books- don't tell me. Remember my blood pressure.
I have to go back to laying on my fat ass.
11 comments:
I'm glad you and Sea Monkey are fine. Waiting for things to start is stressful!
You may want to reconsider getting the breast pump sooner, especially since PCOS can cause supply problems (though hopefully that won't be the case with you). If needed you can pump to stimulate more milk. I was using a hospital pump on day 3 in the hospital, and I was so glad to have my Medela Pump in Style at home waiting, since I had such problems breastfeeding initially. You can feed him expressed breast milk without a bottle. I never did use a supplemental feeding system, but they are out there.
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet Sea Monkey! Well, virtually of course.
I'm probably one of the only readers you've got that's read everything on your list - including "How to Make Love Like A Rock Star." She has led quite an interesting life and come through the porn industry relatively "normal" compared to most.
And I totally agree about Rex Stout. ;)
I hope your baby comes soon and you don't have a complicated delivery. Fingers and toes crossed for you! Good luck!!
You're too funny!!! I have a secret dislike for Oprah' s psycho babble empire. To me it's just like Oral Roberts or Jim Bakker - people just gagging for hope and hanging on her every word. I'll probably get slapped for saying that. One of my other blog friends who had twins pufferfish - she's in my blogroll - had that whole blurred vision thing before giving birth and I think she got to the bottom of it but can't remember what it is. Her blogs called puffer and the little fishies. Hope you get to hand sea monkey his / her marching papers soon! Take care!
You're too funny!!! I have a secret dislike for Oprah' s psycho babble empire. To me it's just like Oral Roberts or Jim Bakker - people just gagging for hope and hanging on her every word. I'll probably get slapped for saying that. One of my other blog friends who had twins pufferfish - she's in my blogroll - had that whole blurred vision thing before giving birth and I think she got to the bottom of it but can't remember what it is. Her blogs called puffer and the little fishies. Hope you get to hand sea monkey his / her marching papers soon! Take care!
Bring your own toilet paper. You either won't need it or you'll send me roses after you have sea monkey cause I'm the smartest person ever.
If your ins covers a "hand pump" get on the pump at the hospital so that you can get your ins to pay for the collection kit (which is like $50) and then you won't have to buy one when you rent.
I use the Breastflow bottles when I have to use a bottle. We tried the finger feeding, but it was a giant mess and he spit up everything and we have much better luck with the breastflow bottles.
I hear ya, fellow couch-prisoner! Let this be over and done with already!
I love food writing, too. The oddest thing I like to read these days is Dan Neil's car review column in the LA Times. I don't even care about cars but I would read a whole book about them if he wrote it.
I wonder what the L&D staff will think if I bring the porn-star book in for some post-labor reading?
Glad things are still well. I love books, and have too many favotite authors. It truly does depend on mood! I totally get what you're saying. :) LOL about hating every book Oprah has ever had on her book list... yeah, they never really looked all that interesting to me, lol.
It was my experience that you didn't need to rent the pump beforehand - the hospital seemed to think that you could pick one up at any Walgreens on the way home from the hospital. Catch up on all the reading you'd like to do now, since you won't get much chance once the Sea Monkey arrives. Good luck - I hope you get your wish for a prompt delivery!
Hi,
I knew we would like at least a few of the same authors! Looking forward to grabbing the porn star one. have you read Kelly Armstrong?
Beth
I think I read half of one of hers. It was ok, but I wasn't in the mood and never went back for a 2nd try.
I stick with Kim Harrison.
I think I read half of one of hers. It was ok, but I wasn't in the mood and never went back for a 2nd try.
I stick with Kim Harrison.
Post a Comment