Friday, April 23, 2010

Bird is a freakin genius.

The hot diaper on my blocked duct feels great and really helps. My ob called in some antibiotics for me. I refilled my Motrin. Mister is picking them up on his way home. I am kinda wondering if I will have an engorgement problem on top of everything else since I have been pumping so much trying to fix the blocked duct. Peter is resistant to nursing on that side, maybe because he has to work harder?

Andrea's wedding is tomorrow. I am excited and scared. Excited for her, scared for me. Please don't be "that baby" that wails during the ceremony Peter. Please? I have been expressing so hopefully if (when) he hollers we can give him a bottle. We are going to sit in back by the door. Scary. Exciting. Yikes.

Back to add, Mister had to race home and give Peter a bottle. He won't nurse off my bad side and we couldn't get any more milk out of the good side. So he was wailing and rooting and searching for milk. I hope to God I can pump enough to get us through tomorrow. What a mess. At least the electric pump is more efficient than the hand pump. The most I've ever been able to express with the hand pump is four ounces and today I got six.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope your boob feels better, i had to put cold cabbage leaves on mine but that was to help discourage milk production, they hurt so effing bad.

AnotherDreamer said...

I hope that ducts stop acting up, yikes. And hope the wedding goes well- thinking of you!