Monday, April 26, 2010

S-E-X

I have no actual idea how long it has been since there has been any ANY kind of anything. Six months maybe? Because even before I was put on bed rest, we were afraid to have sex and I was too uncomfortable anyway. I think it has been six months at least.

Anyhow, it's six weeks tomorrow. Not that we have the time or the energy for the marital embrace. But I find I am kind of scared of it. Weird, right? Shy of sex with my own husband.

But my body, what a mess. I look good with clothes ON. Off is a big ole train wreck. My scar is raised and angry, my skin is sagging, I have skin tags and lets not forget the whole non-recreational breasts thing. Ugh, my stomach still looks like a puddle.

I don't know, it's weird.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! New pics! Very cute.

I have worn my nursing tank the few time we have managed. My boobs are not sexual objects these days either and the tank takes them out of play without having to have a conversation about it and also covers my lovely stretch marks well.

Anonymous said...

We have managed once since birdie was born. Every weekend I keep thinking well maybe if we can catch up on some sleep we will have the energy. Nope. We have both been having dreams about it. How funny is that.

My scar is not straight. I don't know how that happened. Did my doctor sneeze or something when she went to cut me? It is starting to fade a little, but the scar tissue underneath is bumpy. I don't really care about that too terribly much. It's not like I was ever laying out in bikinis anyway. A puddle is a great way to describe my stomach too.

Hopefully we all manage to get back into the swing of things soon.

AnotherDreamer said...

Ahh, the new pics caught me. Oh my gosh, he is soooooo freaking adorable! I am totally fooled by his charms!

I can only imagine how weird it might be, the longest we didn't was with the second miscarriage- so a month. So I know what you're saying, but can't relate precisely. Hopefully things will get easier and back in the swing of things soon.

Anonymous said...

i'm totally fooled by his charms too, he is SO effing cute. we didn't get it on until about eight weeks after louise was born and before that it was about eight weeks BEFORE she was born, so about four months in between. i ended up in the hospital with the kidney stones the day after we did it before she was born, i blame the sex, clearly that's what it was from.

Lorraine said...

I refuse to even think about sex. But then again, I can't even manage to get through my blog reader and you can somehow actually write posts, so maybe I am just not up to speed in general?

I am with you on the naptime-is-productive-time thing. When else are you going to get anything done? I do try to lie down with the little guy once a day, though. But not every single time he conks out! Then it wouldn't even be worth getting out of pajamas!