Poor Snuffy seems to be comfortable. We sat in the bathroom with the shower and the humidifier on full blast. We are sucking out his nose and mouth, and rubbing Baby Vicks on him, and keeping him upright, and feeding him in five minute blocks and giving him saline drops and sitting up with him. I finally gave up and went all family bed hippie with him. And he slept like that. But I only did it because I was exhausted and he would not sleep anywhere else.
But he is out. Down. Sound asleep. I think the vaporub did it. Because I don't hear any snuffling right now. Could the cold leave as fast as it came? I guess I'll find out.
Last night we had tortellini for dinner and then rushed out the door to the dermatologist. I have had this THING on my nose for months. Sumbitch is gone now. God, like I did not feel unattractive already with my droopy stomach. Anyhow, when we got home someone, I suspect Mr. Naughtypants, had gone into the sink and pulled out some leftovers and batted them around the floor. No puke was forthcoming, so I assume no one ate any.
The other day I found Mr. Naughtypants wandering around the house with one of Peter's pacifiers in his mouth. Which was hysterical actually. At least someone is using them.
6 comments:
Glad that Peter is doing better. They make a vapor baby wash too if you want to try that for bath time. Could it actually have been allergies?
Ms. Ambrosia likes to chew things worse than a puppy and I have to constantly watch her near those pacifiers. It's cute until she destroys them.
peter's not using a pacifier? that is awesome.
Well, I would actually like him to use one,since it offers some protection from SIDS and he would not want The Titties of Power quite so often. It'll be nice later though.
And he started snuffling again so I took him into the bathroom for sauna time. Which helped.
You might try to get mister to work on the pacifier thing with him. M won't really take one from me unless we are in the car, but DH has some success... and of course day care has him sucking like a hoover. You might try different types too. We had pretty poor results with everything, but I noticed that he tended to feel like he was biting me more after trying with the nuks. I think the soothies put his lips in a more natural nursing position so we use those now.
I was out in the gathering area trying to calm M down at church the other week and some harpy comes by and says, "We never used pacifiers with my children, but sometimes they just need one." Excuse me, bitch, are you telling me to muzzle my kid? I know what he needs thank you very much.
Hey stranger. I dealt with serious acid reflux myself with my baby until about two weeks ago. He was actually hospitalized for it and had to have a baby upper gi. So sad.
If you ever want to vent or compare notes let me know. Sounds like our kiddos are pretty similar:)
Post a Comment