Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mother....

You KNOW. So last night Peter and I slept AN HOUR. He wasn't mad, he just wasn't tired and wanted to eat. and eat. and EAT. He doesn't want a Mom, he wants one of those milk dispensers they have at the Old Country Buffet. So after giving up and greeting the dawn, he fell asleep and I cleaned the house because....

The photographer came. And I was praying Peter was going to be kind of happy, nope. He is plenty happy right now, which is nice but it would have been nicer while he was getting his pictures taken. Anyhow that was a fiasco. LET ME REPEAT, THAT WAS A FIASCO. The photographer was allergic to cats. Peter was screaming, the cats were running amuck, Fiona actually THREW UP on the photographer's bag AT THE SAME TIME AS PETER POOPED HIS DIAPER FANTASTICALLY AUDIBLY AND THUNDER WAS HOPPING ALL AROUND THE CAMERA AND LIGHTS AND BACKDROP. Basically it seemed like we had five hundred cats and a possessed baby.

Then, because I felt super guilty for the puke I bought a package Mister and I had not discussed. Which I then had to call and explain to Mister. I am just exhausted and demoralized today. If I could have poured myself a bourbon you can bet your ass I would have.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG! The cats are hilarious. Did you get any pictures with them?

Are you swaddling him at night? Even during feedings? For M, a swaddle is very conducive for sleeping. So even if you are feeding him all night, maybe it would help to get a couple extra breaks if he would pass out.

Also, if you are in a safe position for it, you might try a neck pillow and let yourself pass out from time to time.

I just scheduled our 3 month photos and I'm worried that he will be so tired he'll sleep all the way through them, or he'll fight sleep and be fussy the whole time. Our newborns went well until the end... we bought a couple of the red, angry baby photos because they are funny to look at now. That's our boy.

Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP. Literally. My poor dear. I will reward you Saturday with many hugs and kissies. Honestly, you are upset now but that sounds like something out of a freakin' movie.

If it makes you feel any better, in the past two months we've been through a car accident, a potential missing bridesmaid thanks to an erupting volcano, my mom was in the hospital this weekend (don't even get me started), and yesterday I lost one of my keys to the apartment. HA, HA, HA! Oh and my car is still not fixed.

Celia said...

He is so strong he busts out of every swaddle. Usually I only swaddle him if he is really screaming to calm him down. Then I take it off.

We have not been able to keep him swaddled at night ( except in the Halo wrap) for two weeks.

Amanda said...

Have you tried the escape proof swaddle technique? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4VdZxwsu4

M can bust out too, but he is so used to it and finds it so comforting now that he settles down as soon as we do it and doesn't break out until morning (so that he can chew his fingers). And M is particular about his swaddle too... he only likes his kiddopotomus and doesn't like a blanket swaddle. M however has not figured out the escape proof swaddle, but we don't need to do it anymore since he likes it now. We used to not swaddle every night, but it's actually really helpful with our nighttime routine now. He gets swaddled and his last feeding and goes in his crib and that's it. It took a while to get him to this point, but life is so great now. We actually have a couple of HOURS in the evening to be a couple and get things done.

AnotherDreamer said...

Eek. But hey, that story is a keeper LOL!

Hoping things get better with everything.

Anonymous said...

i was gonna recommend the escape proof swaddle too, we tried it on louise, she HATED it though, she was sooooo pissed when she woke up.

Celia said...

I swaddled his body, but left his ARMS OF POWER free and he is finally asleep. Praise Jesus.