Sunday, April 18, 2010

Could we be turning a corner?

He has been crying much less since Thursday. The last day he was really inconsolable was Wednesday. And even that was better than it had been. He still has periods of wailing but not hours and hours. He also seems to be better able to burp on his own.

Yesterday was miraculous in that my sister and Mom came to visit and I got a TWO HOUR NAP. I felt kinda bad to leave them, but after all they came to see Peter more than anything. We bought the CRV in the morning and it was weird. We are One Of Those People. The people with big cars and baby equipment. Weird. Hard to digest. We are small car kind of people. But baby gear takes up an assload of room.

It is pretty comfy and I am in love with it already since I was able to get into the back seat and nurse Peter without much trouble. Try climbing into the backseat of a Mazda 3. Not happening.

We tried really hard to keep Peter awake yesterday. We even went to Target at 9 p.m. He was FURIOUS because even though he ate and was changed right before we left, he wet himself and was demanding food as soon as we got there. So we cut our trip short, and I fed him again in the backseat while Mister played with the car and listened to the end of the baseball game.

We were richly rewarded for dragging him all over creation, Peter ate and then SLEPT for four and a half hours. Then, incredibly woke up for a diaper change and went back to sleep, and THEN woke up for food, and WENT BACK TO SLEEP! Holy God we slept seven hours. It was amazing. And he has been happy all morning and is taking a nap. I don't even have a headache right now.

We are going to try again today and take him grocery shopping, clothes shopping and potentially shoe shopping. The idea that we might get that much sleep again is intoxicating.

I am also packing up all his Carter's newborn clothes, he has outgrown them. Well, he is so thin that there is plenty of room in the sides but they are all short on him and tight at the crotch. Soo onto three month and up. He has a different brand of newborn that still fits, AYM told me Carter's run small. We also have to find an outfit for him to wear to Andrea's wedding. His fancy Christian Dior outfit will be too small for him I think. Poo. But we want something supercute for the wedding, because why not dammit. He is cute and I want to dress him up. But I REFUSE to buy one of those horrid white tuxedos people dress little boys in, I HATE THOSE. Ugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad the three of you seem to be getting a little relief, poor little guy! poor mama too!

Amanda said...

Wow, I can't believe he was so good about going out for that long. Plus the sleep. Double win!

I think Carter's are actually larger cut than most, especially in the length. His carter's newborn outfit was the ONLY nb outfit we could fit on him. And now carter's are the only 9mo outfits he can wear... he's in 12mo in everything else. I have no idea how I will dress this kid in a few months.

AnotherDreamer said...

Glad you got some sleep hun, yay!

And hack ya, buy him something cute ;) It's a shame they grow so fast, enjoy it while you can.

Keren Klein said...

hey i've been following secretly for some time and wanted to say congrats!
I'm a first time mom (to a now 7 month old boy) and wanted to share some advice about nursing when you are out onthe road - one of the best places to nurse if you have to when you are out is a fitting room. you can have privacy and there is always a bench to sit on and pick your feet up on. if you are in a department store take a pillow with you to prop up the baby.
also when taking long car trips, hotel lobbies (not weird motels, but Holida.y I.nn type places) have couches and are usually empty and quiet. plus you might be able to get some free coffee or water.

congrats again and remember it might not get easier, but it will get different and usually more fun.
~Enjoy~