We may be finding better ways to deal with poor Peter's gas. If I believed in magical thinking I would stop saying things like that because every time we have a good night the next night is atrocious. I feed him on one side, we burp him( mixed results- he is NOT easy to burp) and then give him Mylicon. Then we try to get him to eat on the other side. Some success.
The last two days he has been wailing in the daytime and not the nighttime. Which, while still piteous, fantastically loud, and exhausting is at least in the daytime and not at two a.m.
I am feeling happy but very one dimensional in that all I do is take care of Peter. So I am kind of boring. I am looking forward to reclaiming my life. I miss sex. Remember sex? Me neither. I have lost all my baby weight plus some and can wear some of my pre- baby clothes. I am feeling pretty good c-section wise. If I laugh too hard or too long it hurts a lot. If I get up too much in the night it hurts. Also, Peter really likes to lay on my chest and kick my scar. Thanks, I'll be putting that in my THINGS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY ABOUT LATER FILE.
I cannot believe how little time I have to call my own. Holy Moly. He smiles if you tickle his chin just right.
3 comments:
It will get better in a few weeks. Promise.
yeah, it will get better. those gas drops did nothing for louise. her gas was really bad too but i think it's starting to get better (she's nine weeks now). if she was sleeping in her crib the gas would wake her up but if she was in her swing the swaying would put her back to sleep. and you do adjust to feeling as though all you do is take care of a baby, it just takes a little time and it's hard.
It does get easier. Although time to yourself becomes a precious thing like gold, because there is so little of it.
Post a Comment