Wednesday, April 14, 2010

good morning

it sure is. Somehow, magically Peter slept for five hours and it was IN THE NIGHTTIME. Peter was ravenous all day but I sneaked out two ounces into a bottle. I am trying to keep two bottles in the fridge. Anyhow, after our dinner I fed our little piggie and then he wanted more. So I left the room and faceplanted into the mattress while Mister gave Peter his first bottle. I heard fussing and soothing and blessed silence. Then I heard "wow you sucked the whole thing down."

Mister brought him back to me because incredibly he wanted MORE. I fed him and we both fell asleep on the chair until I think three a.m. I woke up and tried to get him to feed again but he was NOT HAVING ANY. So I put him in the bassinet and climbed/threw myself/ staggered and creaked back to bed. Half and hour later he was ringing the dinner bell. Then it was after four so I figured we might as well get up. I fed him some more, and put him in his chair and cleaned the kitchen.

He is just waking up now, and I am having a nice, quiet minute with my coffee. It's pretty nice, even if I do smell like puke.

Dearest Jesus,

Thank you. Can we go for round two tonight?

hugs and kisses,

Celia

3 comments:

Stacy said...

More sleep is on its way, even though it doesn't feel that way now! Make sure you keep putting Peter back down to sleep immediately after each feeding to teach him that night time is for sleeping. When you are feeding him, keep the lights off and no talking. Change his diaper with as little light as you need. He WILL get it! During the day, lights come on and play time begins after each wake-up and feeding.

Amanda said...

He's probably going through a growth spurt. If he is, soon he will probably sleep more for a couple days. Something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

yea!! hang in there mama, it will get better.