Yep. It was another 5 a.m. kind of day. Since it is one of the few things he has done consistently, I am calling it a pattern. I fed him and got him to fall back to sleep. Then I folded and put away the laundry that I had no time to touch yesterday, washed the dishes, cleaned the pump, cut up some granola bars Mister made and am now drinking coffee and having one of the granola bars while Peter dozes. Oh yes, and I cleaned up cat puke. Good times.
Something I have come to realize is that there is no later. There is only right now. So if he is quiet instead of sitting and resting I run around and do something. ANYTHING. Yesterday while Mister was out grocery shopping Peter FINALLY fell asleep. I was hungry, I was tired, there was laundry and dusting and the bed was never made... so I listened to everyone and fell asleep. Mmmhhmm, the next thing I knew it was an hour later and Mister was home from the store and saying "noooo come in!" Which would have been fine, but I was braless and in pajamas and had not even combed my hair. It took me till 7 30 pm to even brush my teeth. Which is crazy. Who doesn't have time to brush their teeth? Anyhow, luckily I was too pooped to be mortified at the state the house and I were in. It was messy, I am telling you. And I don't want to hear that people understand if your house is a mess, maybe they do but it doesn't make me less embarrassed.
Anyhow the reason I had no time yesterday is that he was either eating ( thank heavens for Amanda or I would think I was raising some tiny Adam Richman- at least it is normal for him to spend HOURS at the Boobie Bar) or sleeping on me. If I put him down it was an EPIC FAIL.
Ok, enough whining. Peter is improving somewhat. There is slightly less atomic bomb level screaming and more general angst. I will take disgruntled angst over NEW YORK CAB DRIVER ANGRY any day. Pumping is not going well, I can't get Peter to stop eating long enough to fill a bottle. But I am determined to get it done today dammit. THERE WILL BE BOTTLES.
We did have some nice story time yesterday, and while he hardly slept did spend a few hours happy and cuddly.
6 comments:
you poor thing, i hope you and peter get some rest soon. my house is a total wreck too btw.
I didn't start getting time to brush my teeth and partake in personal hygiene until he started taking a morning nap. That nap keeps me sane.
I wasn't able to start up a stash until he was over a month old. I would spend the whole week worrying that I would barely get a chance to get off the single bottle I needed for church. But at least you don't have to worry about getting a stash together before you go back to work. I was so worried that wouldn't happen, but eventually it did.
Maybe you're going to grow a big chunky monkey like M. I went shopping this weekend... he fits perfectly into Carter's 9mo and I got some 12-18 mo stuff at old navy that he fits pretty well too.
I remember when Hunter was first born, dragging the baby bouncy seat into the bathroom so he could have his first peep show and I could have the first shower in three days. It was either that or convince everyone I was going for the unwashed Eurotrash look. S'okay, I promise!
I second the bouncy seat in the bathroom thing. It is actually odd to me now not to bring it in for a shower every time!
I did the bouncy seat in the bathroom too.
i have also done bouncy seat in the bathroom.
Post a Comment