Saturday, April 10, 2010

wah

Still chock full o'screaming here. We actually canceled a much anticipated visit to see AYM and family at her son's birthday party. I am sad we can't go but both Mister and I agree that if there is any possibility of us being trapped in a car with Lungs McGee screaming for hours we would maybe have an accident. Hopefully we can go up and see them next month when Peter is not quite so... loud.

I broke down and called the doctor yesterday asking if we could pretty please start the zantac this weekend instead of waiting till next Friday. I just can't see letting him ( and us) suffer needlessly when there is something that might help. His doctor said no, she wants us to keep burping him and elevating him. Which made me contemplate finding her house and camping outside her bedroom window so she can suffer with us.

We are going to scope out some swings. My sister's friend said that fennel tea would relax his stomach and help the screaming so we may try that. Peter slept maybe four or five hours last night. He is sleeping now in his chair. So I got a little more sleep. We have to clean today, the house looks like angry bikers rode through it throwing handfulls of cat hair and burp cloths in their wake.

Borders has yet again screwed up my check. I have had TWO checks with no problems since January, every other check has necessitated calling corporate in Michigan multiple times. I think they are screwing up on purpose so they can keep the interest as long as possible. I would be very interested to know how many other people are having problems getting paid by Borders. They also stopped direct depositing my check and are mailing it. They have also underpaid me THREE times and had to send another check. Now, this is crazy because it should be the same amount each time since it is based off a percentage of what I made over a period of months. grr. Anyhow, I think it is straightened out at least for this week. I'm sure I'll be calling again.

Mister goes back to work Monday. I'm not scared. Much.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the idea to camp outside of your ped's house. She sounds like she's trying to torture you.

You can try some gripe water, which is probably similar to fennel tea. I had a neighbor that did well with it. They also make some kind of tummy band to help colicky babies.

Celia said...

We have gripe water! I will try anything. Probably Holy Water next.

Shelly said...

I think I would seek out another pediatrician's opinion. No need to keep suffering! (Poor baby....and parents)

kimmie said...

my son had the same problem..what work for us was the gripe water..it took a couple days and swaddle him ..hold him on shoulder and we did not giggle him at asll. giggling him made it worse. i also used the fennel tea it seemed to help.they didnt put my son on zantac till 3 months i thought this was way to long to wait! he did get better after the med...but i still would do some little tummies in addition to the zantac on the nights when he was really hurting.good news is by 4 months he seem to be much better and would sleep most of the night....hang in there!!also during the day i would moby wrap him on me and that worked like a charm..i did this also on nights when i wasnt to tired to sit or walk around ..and it did work..i think its cause they r upright and swaddled to their mom..

Celia said...

I did consider taking him to the ER last night and pretending I had no idea what was wrong in the hopes that they would prescribe the zantac. Of course, the pediatrician would know but so what? We are going to see what tonight brings and decide tomorrow. We have kept him upright all day and he is sleeping in the chair on vibrate right now. It seems to be vibrating the gas out of him.

But once he wakes up we'll give him gripe water and see what that does. I was thinking a warmish bath might help to relax him too.

Suraita said...

We are gripe water fans at our house too. My daughter wasn't quite at the colic level it was more a premie formula is like a rich, heavy meal everytime you eat so while that's what she needs it also can lead to an upste stomach. Gripe water solved that problem.

The brand we used was Baby's Bliss but I think they are interchangable brand wise. There's one brand that includes a laxative so just be sure to read the box.

One tip - the first time we gave it to her we just gave it straight up. It was the first thing she'd ever had other than formula, breast milk, and sugar water (on a pacifier for NICU procedures - we're not feeding her that!) and that increased the screaming and then suddenly...no screaming happy baby. We started mixing it with bottles and it went down easier but with the same happy, quiet result.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

give the gripe water a try, i mean, when your baby is crying you'll try anything, i know i did, but if he has reflux i'm sorry to say it's not going to help, babies with reflux need medication and it pisses me off that your pediatrician hasn't given you something yet. it's hard enough being a new mother, throw in a baby that is always crying and doesn't sleep and you will get a mother on the verge of a nervous breakdown. i hope he feels better soon. if and when he does get zantac, let me know if you have constipation issues, i have some solutions for it :) if you do end up taking him in don't go to the er, go to a med center, it's much cheaper, just tell them you think he has reflux and you can't wait until monday when your pediatrician is available.

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry he's still having issues and screaming so much :( I really hope that things get easier soon. Have you thought about trying as different pediatrician?

They closed our Borders in January, so I have to drive about an hour now to go to a book store because now out city doesn't have a single f'ing book store... They said they were down sizing, and our store was not making enough to stay open... bull shit. grrr... sorry, have my own beef with them now.

Mermaid said...

Both my babies had very bad reflux. My babies slept in their FP rocker chair -its vibration doesn't stop (until the batteries die) and the angle is just right. Mhy dughter had colic, too. It is so hard, so I feel for you.

Anonymous said...

I used the fennell tea on all of my kids and they all pass for semi- normal human beings today.This did wonders for any kind of back up in their system. Get ready however, for what I lovingly refer to as the "monsoon of poop" that shall roll forth from your offspring. Then it should result in good nights sleep. Let's face it when you are a baby pooping is tiring.