Saturday, April 3, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Easter is tomorrow and unless there is a Tragic Barf Incident, Peter has a very cute blue and white Easter outfit to wear to his Auntie's. We went to my sister's yesterday, and had a very nice dinner. Peter slept great last night! Can I repeat PETER SLEPT GREAT LAST NIGHT. Thank yew Baby Jesus. I even brought him downstairs and had time to unload the dishwasher, wash dishes, make coffee and DRINK it while he has his first morning nap. He is making a little noise so I think I am coming to the end of my peace but whatever, it is nice while it lasts.

He went to bed at a miraculous 10, and slept an hour and a half then would eat for twenty minutes. He had a spell where he ate for an hour and a half ( hello I thought I would fall asleep and roll off the bed) and then slept over three hours. He was cuddly and happy and not screamy. It was great.

Our dryer died. The new dryer comes today. Goodbye five hundred dollars. This has been Major Appliance Week at our house since we also bought a hepa air filter ( 115 dollars) and a giant carpet cleaner ( on sale 150 dollars). Yikes. But you can't have a two week old and no dryer. Helllll no.

The cats are still very depressed and I would have cracked and let them in our bedroom by now but Mister says no. And he is right. We are sure they won't jump in the bassinet but Mister pointed out that breastfeeding in bed with the cats would be awful. And he is right. It is hard enough to breastfeed in bed with just Mister. We have an assload of cleaning to do today, because we have V.I.P. company coming on Monday. I just cannot have company in our house when it is sloppy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, i hope you got some sleep :) my husband was gone for almost the whole week and i also went back to work, i almost had a nervous breakdown!

Amanda said...

Yay sleep!

Mister is right. If it were me, even if they never jumped in the bassinet with P, I would never get any sleep because I'd be paranoid that one would. It hasn't been that long, they will adjust soon.

Beautiful Mess said...

YAY for sleep! AHHHH!!!

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter and there were no barfing incidents.
*HUGS*