We looked at two homes today. The second one was totally crazy and had the steepest steps I've ever climbed. I told Mr.Mostly I could never be pregnant in that house. No way. It was so steep that to climb down the stairs I had to lower myself and there were railings on each side. It was crazy.
The first house we looked at was one that looked awful online. Really awful.
The street is really narrow, which sucks for parking. The front has an ok yard that is shared with the people on either side of us. The neighbors all seem to take fairly good care of their home. The people on the right concern me a little, because they had a GIANT statue of St. Francis in the center and maybe 15 other lawn things and then a whole lot of toys. Which makes me think a whole lot of kids. It looks a little..schlumpy.
But the kitchen had solid wood cabinets, and there is a nice bedroom with a full and handicap accessible bathroom for Mom. There is a separate entrance there with a ramp to the street.
The negative is that the tiny backyard is completely FILLED with ramp. There is no yard. There is only ramp. AND our neighbor behind us is a car dealership. So the view is a highway view with a big old sign. Nice. Or not nice.
The basement is not finished but has high ceilings and a separate entrance. It is strangely set up, so that if we finish it, the room will have an odd shape.
The kitchen is small but well set up with old but good quality appliances. I think the cabinets are nice enough that we could just paint them white so they aren't so dark. Yuck- dark.
The dining room is ok,the living room is a nice size and there are three bedrooms upstairs. One is tiny tiny tiny and I covet it for my own room. A tiny girly room with a squishy chair. Or a nursery. Riiiiiiiiiight.
The bathroom upstairs needs a new door because it has an accordian door and there is no way I can go to the bathroom and preserve any personal modesty.
But it is in great condition, and needs very little done to it. So,we'll see if the seller is interested in our number.
No comments:
Post a Comment