I am just trying to post this code. I'll fill in what I did tonight.
OK, I have no idea whose blog I was reading when I found this. I thought it was a nice idea. Who was it? I know it was a blog I really like but didn't put in my sidebar yet. HA! Found it! It's
Something I did on my own without a child that I am proud of was buy a condo. I worked my butt off and had my own homey house. I could never have worked the hours necessary to buy a home on my own if I had a child. Later, Mr.Mostly and I used the money from it's sale to buy all new furniture and pay cash for our wedding and pay off my student loan debt.
Something else I was able to do that I do not think I could have done with a child is take a month of my life to spend with my grandma when she had her first go round with cancer. I stayed with her and cleaned and cooked and in general just hung out. I think a child would have been so demanding of my time and emotional energy and I was able to just pick up and go. It was a time I will always treasure and my only regret is that I did not stay longer.
I would like to say that something I love about my life now, is that I can slop around in my pajamas and spend my whole day off reading. I frequently do just that. I know that is going to be the one thing I miss when we finally do have children. The luxury of spending the day on the couch with a book.
No uterus news today. We are gearing up for the big month You Know What.
OMG I am going crazy trying to get this link to work. Try #3.
2 comments:
Whooo hooo. Major accomplishment, I am a techno-dope! I'll post tonight after work.
What a great idea! Those are great accomplishments.
I do love that we can sleep in on weekends, and that we are free to travel as we want, since we tend to do long road trips that could be miserable with a kid. Clearly I would gladly give those up for a baby, but I guess I should appreciate them while I have them.
Post a Comment