Oooooh I was frustrated with Mr. Mostly. I wanted to spend the money I had saved with careful shopping on bigger presents for our parents. That is why I saved them till last. He wanted to save it. I think it's Christmas money. Money already earmarked for Christmas. I am peeved that he is not letting me use it. I am soo underbudget.
$400 for 16 people. $25 each but we can spend less in one area to go up in another.
MIL book $16 was 40% off
FIL EGC 40.
BIL dvd boxed set 35 was 25% off
SIL makeup was FREE w/Ulta black Friday purchase
BIL book $20, 40% off
BIL book $20 , 40% off
SIL slippers/pedicure set $14 , $ 10 off Ulta sale
BIl game- $15 40% off
Neice- $25 was 30% off
3 Nephews, toys $40 on sale at Kohls
Dad digital picture frame $45 on sale 40% off
Step Mom book $20, was 40% off
Sister- Ulta haul $20 at black Friday sale.
Mom $40 on sale, 60% off at Kohls large jewelry box.
Also everyone gets 4 kinds of fudge totaling one pound.
So we spent 344 dollars for 694(or thereabouts) of presents saving almost 350 dollars. Which I think is very good. Our biggest score was Ulta payng 36 total for $194 retail .Fifty six dollars under my initial budget. The candy came out of my grocery budget.
I am still mad at Mr. Mostly for not letting me use my entire budget, plus he also agreed I could use any extra hours in my paycheck. Which he moved into the downpayment account. He has lost his damn mind with this house.
He is picking up wrapping paper right now. We are making maple nut fudge tonight.
8 comments:
Great job on the Christmas presents! I am impressed! I have a confession to make - I haven't bought a single gift, and I'm probably not going to. I feel bad, but I gave my mom and sister their gifts early, when I saw them around Thanksgiving. And I made both their presents. I put DH in charge of gifts for the in-laws and he hasn't done anything yet, so that has me stressed. I'll probably end up framing pictures of our wedding for them at the last minute.
Any new prospects on the house front?
Oh, and you can always give me your honest opinion! I think I wanted to be distracted and the whole anger thing hadn't hit me yet.
wow, you are a bargain shopper lie me! you are so good, i would have told my husband to suck it and spent the money!
I love saving money. I don't mind paying full freight for something worthwhile but I love coming in under budget.
We are still thinking about the one house. Hopefully no one will put in an offer while we mull it over.
WOW, great job Christmas shopping! I'm very impressed. We will be VERY lucky if we get to finish ours on Wednesday due to the almost 2 feet of snow we have. OOPS.
Enjoy your day,
-D *ICLW*
wow! I'm impressed. my dh is the same way...tight. We made dd's christmas gifts this year.
I am in awe of your shopping skills - well done coming in under budget and with generous gifts too.
I don't have to buy for many and I am thankful for this -we do KK or just the token Chocolates / wine.
The fudge sounds divine
Merry Christmas
Here from ICLW...No. 88
My Little Drummer Boys
Thank you SO much for offering to help me with my Christmas dinner. I can't even begin tot ell you how much I appreciate that! I will definitely look you up if I need help. You may regret this. At least your smart enough not to give me your phone number ;o}
Hugs,
-D
Post a Comment