Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey soft tacos were not delicious.

I am not handling this protein thing well at all. I am handling some parts of the diet just fine. Like, breakfast- no problem. I eat one pack of organic instant oatmeal with a cup of milk and some kind of organic fruit and a spoonful of organic (blah blah I eat organic whenever I can afford it)peanut butter and one cup of coffee. I have a salad and two fruits with half a sandwich meeting the protein and calorie lunch requirement. I have my allowed pudding cup snack.

I am crapping out at dinner every damn day. I hate trying to figure out how I am going to trick/force myself to eat protein in the 3 oz/21 grams formula.

So far the only way I can trick myself is with chicken quesadillas. I can eat them without thining about it. I had one for lunch. For dinner I made ground turkey soft tacos. Mr. Mostly said they were delicious. I could not get past the texture. He ate two and then he finished mine. Meat is just gagtastic. Repugnant. Icky.

I am trying to force myself but there has to be another way. Mr. Mostly said the nutritionist has to find another way.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I know that their are some vegetarian pregnancy books out there. Maybe that would help you find some good alternatives.

I have met with a couple of nutritionists over the years and they like to tell you to do stuff be not tell you how to do it. And then make you feel bad for not doing what they say. Useless.

Celia said...

I am going crazy, tonight I am trying black bean and chicken burritos. meh.

That is a GREAT idea to look in the vegetarian pregnancy books! I will check it out tomorrow!