Friday, December 19, 2008

Romance, IF style.

Mr.Mostly would kill me but last night was so funny. I had a cold,and an upset stomach. Like I wasn't gonna throw up right away but maybe later? It's because work was so horribly terribly busy. A nightmare. TWO people called out sick. It screwed us all. Anyhow, I was exhausted and had a giant raspberry mocha latte(approx 1,259,830,000,000 calories and 5,678,933,929,292 grams of fat. And a chocolate bar. In the foolish hope I would wake up and stay up to have sex.

So after taking up the butt at work for hours I came home. All I wanted to do was sleep. It was about 1:30 in the morning. All I could think was I had what I thought was ovulation pain the day before and EWCM midday. What if we had missed it and my egg had already dissolved? What if we missed another month? I knew we HAD to do it.

It was hysterical. Mr.Mostly said we should have filmed it- which was even funnier because we were both delirious with exhaustion. All I wanted to do was sleep and the cats kept jumping on the bed. I asked if he was too tired,and he said no we really had to do it. Nothing says romance like " guess we have to do it".

I won't go into graphic detail, but basically we laughed all the way through it about how we both just wanted to go to sleep and were chatting about our day.

"How was dinner?"

"Ok- I loved the bacon."

"Work was awful."

"Yeah- Christmas sucks."

I think it is a good thing our marriage is so strong because if it was passion keeping us together we would be in BIG TROUBLE. Because the only thing we felt passionate about was the intense and burning need for sleep.

I just can't help praying we can avoid injections and drugs(well more drugs)with an infertility "Hail Mary Pass" getting pregnant weeks before the RE gives us our new plan. The tiny,forlorn hope that when we conceive we will be alone and not in a doctors office.

Insult to injury- I go to the nutritionist today. NO SCALE noooooooooooooooooooooo

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You mean that's not what sex is suppose to be like?

Oh man do I hope this turns out better for you than it has for me so far.

*sending fertilization vibes*

Celia said...

Remember the olden days when sex was recreational?

Me neither.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too funny! I know very well about the "guess we have to do it" sex. Laughing through it is sometimes the only way to go.

I am hoping that you get your hail mary pass!