is that I am too damn busy to think about being infertile. Of course I am too busy to eat a full meal or pee.... but all in all a nice break. Nothing like frantic shoppers demanding every second of my attention. Wish I could get that all the time.
You know, this is the first gift giving time(birthdays, Christmas Fathers Day, etc)that I did not leave gifts to the very last second because I refused to believe I needed to buy them. It's the first time I truly did not delude myself into thinking everyone would be getting "World's Best Auntie/Grandpa/Uncle" shirts.
Every year for the past three years I have dreamed of pictures frames with ultrasounds and due dates. MnM's that say "Guess What" or "We're Pregnant". Teeny tiny bibs. Wee socks. It's the only gift I've wanted to give or receive for so very long.
I don't know what it says about me that I no longer have that dream. Is it good that I am being realistic? Is it sad that my brain has finally been beaten into something like acceptance? I don't know. But this year I made my list and bought everything on it. No waiting or hoping or thinking that maybe we would have the perfect gift that everyone wants and comes from no store.
Here's hoping for next Christmas, for all of us.
6 comments:
I know...after wishing so much last Christmas I'm afraid to say it again..."maybe next year".
Oh...and don't worry about replacing your spleen. You can totally live without it. :-)
Yes, I said it last year, I thought i was going to say it this year.......you get the picture.
It is all the more depressing trying for that holiday announcement and then not having anything to announce (while other idiotically and effortlessly multiple)... I'm thinking it's better not to build yourself to announce at a "special" time. I try to relax myself and think that it's not when you announce it, it's how obnoxiously you do it :)
I think this holiday I am finally starting to be realistic, that it is just not going to happen without some interventions. It is hard and there are never any easy answers. HUGS!
Here from ICLW...No. 87
The Unfair Struggle
I've just read through your blog and look forward to reading more! My dh is also in retail, so I can relate to the madness.
Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned to you, but thought I would point out the link button in case you'd missed it. When you're composing a post, there is the toolbar up above. There is a button with a "T" and a box of colors. To the right of that is the link button (the world with the link on top of it). You just click on that, copy the link you want and paste it there. Voila!! Just be sure that the http:// is not listed twice since it's already filled in for you...I always delete that one.
I hope that makes sense and gl with attempting to link!! Nice to 'meet' you...I love iclw because I always find a few good blogs to add to my reader!
GL and happy holidays!
christina from
http://unquestionablelove.blogspot.com
Wishing all of us success in the New Year!
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment