I popped over to Bella and her Fella(right, I told you guys I can't link.) Her post made me wonder, what have you bought for the baby you don't have yet?
I admit years ago I saw a friends stash and thought she was a lunatic. Now I'm the lunatic, are you one too?
I have an Optimus Prime Mr Potato Head. Mr. Mostly loves the Transformers. He has so many, and posters and comic books blah blah. It was too perfect. Optimus lives in our closet next to.....
A limited edition Coach baby bag. It is pink. It was 500.00, which is outrageous. Here is what happened, a former friends sister was having a baby. They were arguing with me that the baby bag had to match the sex of the baby. Why? The baby isn't carrying it. Why can't you have the one you like? This was when we had been TTC for almost a year. We had not yet had our m/c. Mr. Mostly and I were shopping and I fell in love with that bag.
He brought it to the counter and I said " We can't get that what if we never have a baby?" Mr. Mostly kissed me and said we would, no matter if if was through birth or adoption and it that was the bag I liked then I would have it.
So he bought it, a crazy unnecessary purchase or the sweetest thing ever? I thought it was sweet,and it did make me feel very special and hopeful.
In another closet we have a boxed set of board books with real art in them called Mini Masters by Julie Merberg. They are my favorite shower gift. I think I have bought this four times now.
That is it, just the three things.
What have you bought?
4 comments:
I have not bought anything at all (as yet). Though lately I keep on eye-ball stalking items on baby item aisles!
That's a really sweet story about your mr.
I haven't bought anything yet, but I too fell in love with a pink Coach baby bag I saw one time and I still think of it every time I see someone with a coach bag or a baby bag. It's the one that got away.
I know. Maybe it was 450 with taxes?
It is a frivolous thing. On the other hand, if you think how much getting pregnant is costing us,the bag is cheap!LOL
I have far too much for a baby. A closet that has a good dozen or more outfits, a bassinet, a baby bjorn, way...too...much...
Hell, we even bought a 4Runner with the thoughts of strollers and baby seats and pack-n-plays...needless to say, the lease is almost up on it and still no baby. :)
christina from
http://unquestionablelove.blogspot.com
Post a Comment