Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CD 3

Nothing much going on in ovaryland. Hopefully AF will only be here two more days and then we can go ahead with our Month Of Intimacy. I must be really old because our Month Of Sleep sounds better.

You know something happened on Thanksgiving that I cannot let go. We were at Mr.Mostly's aunts house and it was festival of babies, just like every party with that part of the family. I swear when they gather, there is a babies r us totally empty somewhere.

I always know it will be chock full o' babies. I try to prepare myself and Mr.Mostly knows if I can't take it we will leave early. It's not like they got together before I got there and said "I KNOW! Lets really make her miserable by bringing our kids to family parties!" I mean, I know that I am bringing this sadness with me.

Anyhow I was sitting next to Mr.Mostly when what could only have been the most pregnant woman in New Jersey came into the room. They had a two year old also, and she was telling everyone how she was dilated and almost ready to go. Then they all had a nice laugh about how she would have spoiled Thanksgiving by giving birth. Then she walked (I'm sorry she did not waddle, she had no weight gain I could see except for the "baby bump" and sat down on her husbands lap.

I was not saying anything. I was looking very closely at my fingernails and trying not to cry. Because then instead of being Celia That Can't Have A Baby I would be Celia That Cries At Parties. The same way some people are Ted That Can't Keep A Job, or Kim That Cheated On Her Husband.

Then she said to my husbands cousin "Isn't this the best thing in the world? Isn't it just like I always told you. The best thing in the world!"

So basically I was in some kind of infertile hell. I just kept thinking it would have to stop soon and couldn't someone talk about taxes or the recession or football? But no, it was all a giant baby love fest.

So I escaped that room after a polite interval and looked at the Black Friday ads. Then when it was time for us to go, the couple walked up to us. He introduced himself( I am telling you, Mr. Mostly's family is huge) and then his wife and then he introduced me to his wife's stomach/baby. You know maybe I am a jerk but all I could think was there is no way I was greeting a body part. Anyway it was awful. It was awful, right? It wasn't my imagination?

I do feel better now. It has been bothering me for days. I can still see her and I don't want to. I want to forget her and block out her cheerful "It's the BEST thing in the world!"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How on earth did you keep from punching her? You deserve the Infertile Woman of the Year Award or something for putting up with that. Infertile hell is an understatement. My mouth opens too easily, I would have probably made some comment about more assholes in the world or something.

Month of sleep sounds better to me too.

Celia said...

It was bad. I kind of refused to process it for a few days. I just keep seeing this perfectly proportioned blond cuddled in a rocking chair with her husband proclaiming "the best thing in the world!"

Honestly I don't know how I kept quiet. Mostly because I knew she was just happily ignorant. And I am gonna see her for Christmas too. Bring on the likker.

Michelle said...

I know I'm 2 years late on this one but dear god..this sounds torturous. It truly sounds like infertile hell.