Friday, December 26, 2008

Weehoo Christmas is almost behind us!

Yow. Just like everyone over the age of 10, I am soo happy to be home in my nice, quiet house with Mr.Mostly and my cats.

We had a very nice Christmas. Except for Mom playing her tiny violin. But I don't want to think about that. We got a lovely blue comforter set with blue striped accent pillows. I got a digital food scale, a blue cashmere turtleneck, a new knife, a magazine subscription, Angel perfume, a hand made blanket from my stepmother covered in frolicking kitties. Yes, yes I AM one of "those" cat people. My sister gave me a bound book she made of our trip to the spa. It's great except for the two pictures in there that make me look a little too much like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movie.

Strangely, for the first time in my life I received ...no books. Which is like telling Homer Simpson "no beer".

Everyone loved their presents, or at least acted like they did. We were a little terrified in my Dad's driveway/ice rink. We almost slept over to avoid having to back out.

I did pretty good on my diet, considering what I might have eaten. I did eat brie, blue cheese and had a glass of wine. Showing my absolute belief that we did not get pregnant this month. I normally will not touch anything even remotely questionable.

I got some well intentioned but poorly informed advice to go see my ob/gyn to see if they could give me an ovulation kit. Which did not make me mad. It didn't even make me sad.

Now that I'm home, I'll get back to commenting tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

an ovulation kit... i would have laughed out loud!

Celia said...

It was I don't know, quaint? Innocent? Reminded me of when techs ask you to check if your computer is plugged in.

Echloe said...

Ohhh I would have been so pissed at the ovulation kit comment. You are one strong girl.

ICLW

lostintranslation said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. Oh, the 'well-intentioned' comments we have to endure... Good you didn't let it get to you. *ICLW*

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha, an ovulation kit! Oh hee hee. I am impressed that it didn't make you mad or sad. I'm glad you enjoyed the wine and brie.

A few weeks ago, my mom asked if we were going to get "turkey basted" or if we just had to "screw like rabbits". I wanted to die. I never want to hear her utter either of those phrases again.

Please do tell about the tiny violin!

Beautiful Mess said...

I just wanted to thank you for all your advice about my dinner. I didn't have a chance to comment before today because I was busy busy BUSY! Dinner was great, I didn't screw ANYTHING up! w00t w00t!!!
I hope you're having a fantastic day!
Hugs,
-D

Anonymous said...

No books?!?! Tragic. Better luck next year.

The ovulation kit comment...classic. Don't you love it when people assume that infertile people haven't educated themselves about the medical/scientific aspects of it? So naive...