SOMEONE had an entire pound of bacon and some scrambled eggs for dinner last night. Which led to SOMEONE laying on the bed saying "ohhh too much bacon" and then falling asleep breathing bacony breath at me. We'll try again tonight. I did ask SOMEONE if they possibly wished they had eaten less bacon, but SOMEONE had no regret. Fine. I called him my little piggy and oinked at him.
Sigh. Brad and Angelina we are not. However here I am at CD 10 and I am about to go on EWCM patrol.
As far as our budget, I am kicking butt at the grocery store. At Acme I spent 46 dollars and saved over 50. I have 100 dollars a week for groceries and am at 80 for this week. I'll probably use the whole thing though, because I think we will need more milk and coffee. Now that I only make a half pot our coffee goes much farther. I realized I was pouring ten dollars a week down the drain because we never drink the whole pot. I have tried to drink cheaper coffee, but it just makes me sad. Dunkin DoNuts is the only coffee I like. Except for Lacas(fantastic Jersey diner coffee for readers not lucky enough to know the awesomeness of diner coffee), but you have to order that online. Our gas budget is doing fantastic too, because we budgeted 200 dollars a month for gas and so far have only used 48. I think we might be able to cut our gas budget in half, maybe till April when prices are supposed to rise again.
In BAD budget news, my brake light came on last night. My brakes seem fine though. Maybe the wire is funky? I had that happen with a car before where everything was fine but the light would come on. We have our emergency fund to fix it. I looked in the manual and it just said the brake light coming on meant that the brakes were not working- but my brakes ARE working. WTF brakes? Are you just screwing with me because of Christmas? Scott is going to look under the hood tonight.
With the Christmas budget, things are going well. I picked up my mother in laws present yesterday, a copy of Wesley the Owl. She loves owls, and this book is charming. So she is done, unless I find something else like an ornament. In sad Christmas budget news, I have two people crossed off the list because they asked not to exchange this year. They can't afford it. We are still buying presents for their children though and making them candy. While that is sad, Mr.Mostly wants to put that money we allocated to them back into our debt snowball and I want to spread it out for more presents for other people.
We are going back to Borders tonight to buy some more presents. I treated myself to a non fat sugar free vanilla latte. Delicious, just like a toasted marshmallow, you would never know it was almost guilt free! I also got a new planner, because I just needed more room to track all my doctors appointments. I have eighty more dollars allocated to spend at Borders, 30 of that is going to be online. So we have fifty for tonight, Christmas cards and maybe two toys and a DVD is what we are going to pick up.
Sheesh it is 11 already!
6 comments:
In my family we decided not to draw names for gifts this year. My sister lost her job this year and my brother's pretty strapped with the new baby and barely keeping from getting laid off.
All the financial gloom and doom gets me thinking how I must be crazy to want to have a kid right now, but since I'm infertile, it will probably be a while before that becomes a real threat.
I think the same thing frequently. That we are crazy to take this on and what if I end up on bed rest etc etc.
It is scary, but still we press on. Cause we are crazy.
Crazy Infertiles!!!
You are doing so good with your budget! My hubby and I just laid out a budget for the first time last month. We're not very responsible.
I get nervous just thinking about spending money on presents. I've been putting it off....
Ha at the bacon feat!
This was the kind of post, where you just read on and on till the end! Replace the last sentence with 'interesting'.
Great job on the budget! I used to be so strict with my budgeting and checkbook, but my husband is the complete opposite. He never knows how much is in his checking account. It drives me absolutely batty.
I think we aren't buying Christmas presents this year. The main people that we normally would buy for know we are paying out of our asses for fertility treatments, so I'm sure they will understand.
Post a Comment